As previously, it's sponsored by the Society of Genealogists (SOC) and there's a great spread of topics and themes, so you're sure to want to start planning your visit.
While the SOC lectures are free, you might like to consider paying the princely sum of £2 to reserve your seat to those workshops that are more pertinent to your research, because they are often over-subscribed. You can make these reservations when booking your Show ticket.
The Irish-themed workshops are as follows:
- Prepare for The Gathering through land and property records, with Helen Kelly
- Place of birth Ireland: How do I find out more, with Maggie Loughran
- Murderers, rebels and drunkards: Your Irish ancestors and the law, with Brian Donovan
- Search for the ancestral homestead through imaginative use of Irish census substitutes, with Helen Kelly
- Irish family history online, with Chris Paton
- The Registry of Deeds in Dublin, with Roz McCutcheon
- Irish local history and folklore, with Helen Kelly.
Other organisations, for example Ancestry, FamilyTreeDNA, will also be running workshops at the show. These are non-ticketed drop-in workshops and full details will be published in the show guide.